Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

My name is Michelle and I live in Kent, UK. I share my home with my Mr M, three gorgeous daughters (#1,#2 & #3) plus three equally lovely rescue dogs. I have a degree in Fine Art and trained as an art teacher, but now work in a secondary school with children who have speech and language disorders. In my spare time I love to absorb myself in art and crafts. I love to paint, draw, sew, collage, sculpt and do lots of photography. I have an etsy shop where my things can be found and hope you enjoy wandering around my blog. Please don't use my images without permission. Have a wonderful day :D

7/12/2010

Doorways to Magical Places

I have always loved trees - right from being a little girl and hugging the old silver birch that stood in our back garden with its smooth white bark and peeling layers. When I doodle, I often draw trees. They fascinate me with their individuality and shapes. I also love the idea that there might be little wooden doorways embedded in trees, that are invisible to the eyes of humans, waiting to invite the dweller into a home which is lit with candles and has a carpet of soft velvet leaves. Wouldn't it be amazing if one day, whilst dozing lazily on the grass, you could look at a tree and suddenly 'see' a doorway? I am sure the doorways are there. We're just conditioned not to notice them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home