Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

My name is Michelle and I live in Kent, UK. I share my home with my Mr M, three gorgeous daughters (#1,#2 & #3) plus three equally lovely rescue dogs. I have a degree in Fine Art and trained as an art teacher, but now work in a secondary school with children who have speech and language disorders. In my spare time I love to absorb myself in art and crafts. I love to paint, draw, sew, collage, sculpt and do lots of photography. I have an etsy shop where my things can be found and hope you enjoy wandering around my blog. Please don't use my images without permission. Have a wonderful day :D

7/14/2010

Thoughts of the sea..

Tonight, my mind wandered to the sea. I just love the sea. There are a few places I go to when I need to think, reflect or just be. One of them is woodlands.. and the other is near the sea. Sometimes when I'm lying in bed or in the bath, I pretend that the sound of the wind which often rustles the trees around our cottage is not air flowing over leaves.. but is the sound of the waves washing over pebbles on a stony beach. I will lie there and visualise our cottage being near the beach... the water a little choppy and sea birds flying around outside the windows. A couple of years ago, (on our honeymoon) we went to Mudeford armed with our cameras and spent 5 intensive days shooting at different locations. It was heaven.. no matter which way we turned, the ocean surrounded us. Here are a few pictures I took of that special week in September 2008. Durdle Dor Durdle Dor Pulpit Rock at Portland Bill, Dorset. We plan to live by the sea one day... and I just can't wait. I am determined to find a place where I can see the sea from our windows, can walk my dogs on the beach and won't ever moan about cleaning salt from the windows. Till then, frequent sea-breaks are on the agenda. Unless I win the lottery - and I'll be off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home