Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

My name is Michelle and I live in Kent, UK. I share my home with my Mr M, three gorgeous daughters (#1,#2 & #3) plus three equally lovely rescue dogs. I have a degree in Fine Art and trained as an art teacher, but now work in a secondary school with children who have speech and language disorders. In my spare time I love to absorb myself in art and crafts. I love to paint, draw, sew, collage, sculpt and do lots of photography. I have an etsy shop where my things can be found and hope you enjoy wandering around my blog. Please don't use my images without permission. Have a wonderful day :D

10/17/2010

Tagged!

Apologies for my absence in blog world of late.. life has begun to get very very busy and I've been up to a few things whilst I've been away, which I shall update you with very soon. In the meantime, the lovely Jo from Hesta and The Pugs has tagged me and now I have some questions to answer! So.. here goes! 1) What did you want to be when you were growing up? Well, as a child I spent an awful lot of time in hospital. It was, at certain points, like my second home and I grew to love the familiar nursing staff and their crisp uniforms and frilly hats. I'm giving away my age now as no frilly hats are found these days except in some private hospitals) poor old crock that I am!!!! Anyway, I digress... by the time I'd hit my teens and left school.. I also wanted to be a 'maker and artist'... and had great ideas about working selling my art.. and living like a hermit in a cottage near the sea. When I've told you this, it will make perfect sense then, that I got my first job in a bank. And nearly killed myself with boredom :) 2) What do you like most about where you live? I like the fact that as we live on the border of Kent and South London, so if you go half an hour either way, you're either surrounded by farmland and quaintness.. or in the thick of London life and all its glitter. I will add though, that I am ALWAYS very relieved to leave London once I've done what I have to do. Small doses of London work best for me. 3) If you could only rescue three things from your house, what would they be? Well.. the first lot, would be my husband, my girls and my daughter's boyfriend who lives with us too. Secondly, it would be our three rescue mutts and thirdly.. it would be my engagement ring if I weren't wearing it at the time. My heart sometimes misses a beat if I even think about losing that ring. If I were wearing my ring at the time of the 'rescue' mission.. then it would probably be... my photograph of my Dad which currently sits in my lounge. 4) What's your favourite book? I'm a funny one with books. I read them once usually, it's rare I'll read a book more than once. I also hardly ever read 'stories' and mainly read books for information on sewing/craft or spirituality. However.. one favourite book of mine is 'Eat, Pray, Love'.. I just adore that book. The other, would be 'The Undertaker's Gone Bananas' which I read at school when I was 13. I got so 'into' that book, I could actually imagine myself climbing in through the Undertaker's window of his apartment.. to check if he really had killed his wife and chopped her up. This must have been the start of my funeral curiousity... I blame the school library for this warped interest!!!! 5) What's your favourite room in your house? My favourite room has to be our bedroom. It's duck egg blue, with cream carpets.. and the view from the window is just trees, trees and more trees. We have a huge silver antique bed, which is always dressed in soft white cotten bedlinen and then topped with my favourite baby blue scatter cushions with the little hand sewn crystals on them. My other favourite room is the kitchen.. mainly because of my Aga.. who is called Aggie. Aggie is dark blue, the heart of our house.. and a very convenient bottom warmer for me.. and a place where the dogs lurk when they're chilly. 6) What is your favourite joke? There is nothing to answer for this question.. because without doubt, I am THE lousiest joke teller. I fail again and again to remember a joke, even an hour after I'm told one. If I worked in The Joke Department of Funny Words Ltd, I would surely have been demoted to tea lady by now. That's all I can say on this one... 7) What would you most like to change about your house? Mmmmm tricky. Because mainly, I'd like to change house entirely. But THAT'S another story which involves words like 'relocate, sea, countryside, cottage, beams, exposed bricks, wooden floors and inglenook fireplaces'. So.. I shall just say that I'd LOVE our present cottage to have a new bathroom.. and I'd love an en suite bathroom too as right now, six people juggling their time spent in our tiny bathroom is very tricky.. and oh, the thought of soaking in a bathroom with just me and Mr M's things in it.. would be heaven. 8) Do you believe in love at first sight? No. I don't think so. Not true, deep and unwavering love. When I first met Mr M, I 'knew' something big was about to happen.. I could feel it in my water. I also fancied the pants off of him and spent much time looking at the way he smiled, the way his eyes moved when he laughed.. and how his bum looked in his jeans. However, it wasn't until a few weeks later that I realised I just LOVED this man. And that was just the start of it. Thank you Jo for tagging me.. I hope that's ok.. as I have NEVER been tagged before.. and I'm honoured! Michelle xxx PS: Any bloggers out there having trouble getting ANY spaces or gaps between paragraphs.. this is driving me crazy! Will leave blogger if this goes on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hesta Nesta said...

Hi Michelle
Love your answers :) I am having trouble sometimes uploading pictures on Blogger. A couple of times I have had to abandon posting as it would not upload the pictures or was taking ages. A couple of others have found this problem. Hope you have had a great weekend.
Jo xx

10/17/2010 09:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home