Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

My name is Michelle and I live in Kent, UK. I share my home with my Mr M, three gorgeous daughters (#1,#2 & #3) plus three equally lovely rescue dogs. I have a degree in Fine Art and trained as an art teacher, but now work in a secondary school with children who have speech and language disorders. In my spare time I love to absorb myself in art and crafts. I love to paint, draw, sew, collage, sculpt and do lots of photography. I have an etsy shop where my things can be found and hope you enjoy wandering around my blog. Please don't use my images without permission. Have a wonderful day :D

9/26/2010

Boot Sale Goodies!

Mr M and myself both woke later than usual this morning, knowing full well that the local boot sale was on but aware we may have missed the best bargains. But.. the sun was out.. there were no clouds in the sky.. and after a quick discussion we decided to go, despite the fact that last night, I'd begun to feel like the 'lurgy' was upon me.
We wrapped up warm and drove to the local farm - in great anticipation of what might await us. It soon became apparent though, that we'd left it too late.. many people were packing up and it had started to splatter with rain. We decided to walk back the opposite way and see if we'd missed anything. THANK HEAVENS WE DID!!!!
I saw a stall that I'd noticed on the way in, selling bits of china but when we first came in, I hadn't seen anything that caught my eye. Amazingly, these two darling little saucers were on the table at the back.. as well as some 'Old Bear' books which I'd wanted for ages! How had I not seen these????
And then.. I saw a box on another stall.. full up with fake fur off-cuts. I got chatting to the lady and she told me how she was about to move to Australia and was selling her stuff off. A few years ago, she'd been an avid bear maker. We nattered about bears.. (and I told her how I hadn't got round to making one single bear yet.. but had lots of equipment in readiness!) and she immediately scurried off and began rummaging in a bag. When she stood up, she said "I'm sure you'd like this.. it's real mohair.. and you'll appreciate it properly"... Well! I was beside myself with joy at this point and nearly squeaked out loud.. so we came away with some fake fur, some real mohair.. about 3 metres of brand new black felt, some vintage material offcuts and a sewing book too.
Last but by no means least... I rummaged around and found these lovely doilies. They will get a good wash and end up sewn onto something in the future, I've no doubt!
I'm really pleased we made the effort.. and very pleased with Mr M. It was he who spotted the reams of black felt and looked at me like I was a mad woman when I said "What do I want that for?" Did I say that.. really say that????!!!!!
It must've been the lurgy which addled my brain! Thank heavens he's there to keep me on task!
Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday.
Mxxxx

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home