Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

My name is Michelle and I live in Kent, UK. I share my home with my Mr M, three gorgeous daughters (#1,#2 & #3) plus three equally lovely rescue dogs. I have a degree in Fine Art and trained as an art teacher, but now work in a secondary school with children who have speech and language disorders. In my spare time I love to absorb myself in art and crafts. I love to paint, draw, sew, collage, sculpt and do lots of photography. I have an etsy shop where my things can be found and hope you enjoy wandering around my blog. Please don't use my images without permission. Have a wonderful day :D

9/21/2010

Times flies...

Twenty years ago yesterday - I gave birth to my first baby. A little girl.. who had thick black silky hair and navy blue eyes. She was a contented baby - hardly cried. I was so in tune with my new offspring, that I got up often just before she started mewing at night, when she wanted feeding or looking around for a feed or a cuddle.
As a young lady, she liked using a duster and polish (whilst helping her Great Nan). These days.. dusters and polish and housework are far from her mind...
She has always had a quirky individual fashion sense. I like that. Although these days she isn't often seen wandering around wearing a straw boater...or her Nan's slips!
But that's ok. At twenty, she has blossomed into the most amazing, creative and loving human being. And I love that about her. I'm proud to call her mine.
Photo curtesy of G Hartley Photography
This photograph was taken yesterday - after her 'birthday haircut'.
Happy Birthday #1...... We love you very very much.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LittleWren said...

Thank you Nicky.. she's been through a lot in her young years.. and I'm incredibly proud of her xxx

9/23/2010 11:05:00 am  
Blogger Hesta Nesta said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter, I love her hairstyle, it is fab. I know of Many Tears because my neighbour has a holiday home in Wales and has a friend that fosters and does home checking for them. We have been approved for fostering but have had a few problems with our Pugs and toilet training so we feel it wouldn't be fair to introduce a rescue dog just yet. I think it is the most amazing rescue centre I have ever heard of and I find it heartbreaking to read the stories. I have been in tears time after time reading them. Isn't it lovely to think there are such wonderful people out there?
Jo xx

9/23/2010 12:40:00 pm  
Blogger LittleWren said...

They are amazing people Jo.. they started Last Chance Rescue in Surrey and then moved to Wales. Sylvia has definitely earnt her halo xxx

9/25/2010 08:59:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home